Strengthening knowledge and skills through innovative approaches for sustainable economic development
- Build sustainable networks of knowledge to promote transparency and good practices
- Encourage development-oriented trade policy to reduce poverty
- Promote ICT solutions and innovative thinking to enhance capacities of international trade players
Doha Mandate and Doha Manar
- Paragraph 17: "Reaffirms and builds upon the Accra Accord, which remain valid and relevant"
- Paragraph 18(a): "Continue to play its role in the evolution of a stronger global concensus on issues within its mandate..."
- Paragraph 56 (r): "Continue capacity-building activities including TrainForTrade and in the framework of paragraph 166 of the Bangkok Plan of Action" (TD/500/Add.1).
- Paragraph 162: "UNCTAD should enhance its assistance in cross-divisional capacity-building programmes, including training for policymakers on the integrated treatment of the trade, investment, finance, technology and development issues, which must ensure wide and inclusive participation of developing countries ... and foster training and capacity-building aimed at trade practitioners in order to assist member countries in developing a sustainable local capacity in trade, investment and development issues through TrainForTrade. UNCTAD should also continue to uses these programmes to strengthen the synergies between its research and capacity-building activities." (UNCTAD/IAOS/2008/2).