TrainForTrade manages mid-term and long-term technical assistance projects (2 to 6 years), and networks in developing and least developed countries.
List of main projects:
- Benin, Burkina-Faso, Mali - Trade related issues (2000 - 2003) financed by France
- Distance learning - Trade related issues (worldwide project 2002-2006) financed by Belgium
- Cambodia & Lao PDR - Trade related issues (regional project 2003-2011) funded by France
- Latin America - Trade related issues (2006 - now) funded by Spain
- Angola - Trade related issues (2007 - 2011) funded by the European Commission.
- Benin - Tourism (2008-2010) funded by the Integrated framework
- Guinea - Trade related issues (2008-2011) funded by the French Development Agency (AFD)
- West Africa - Accelerate progress in West-African countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, the Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Senegal and Togo) towards the achievement of internationally agreed development goals, particularly MDG 8, through trade-related training and capacity building in the field of E-commerce (2012-2015).
Each Project Funding is between 500.000 and 4 million USD.
- Port Training programme (from 1998 - present) funded by the beneficiary ports in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and by partner ports and government entities in Belgium, France, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. The 4 language networks have over the years received the following funding:
- French Networks over 2.5 millon USD
- English Network over 1.5 million USD
- Portuguese Network over 500.000 USD
- Spanish Network over 1 million USD
Other Donor Support:
One shot activities and other contributions have been valuable to the programme, such as: