The Section focuses on developing skills, knowledge and capacities through innovative development approaches based on a recognised pedagogical method and state-of-the-art technological solutions.
The core functions of the: Section are to:
- Advise on the utilisation of information and communications technology (ICT) to promote knowledge sharing, networking and competence building;
- Apply Learning and Content Management Systems (LMS/CMS);
- Host a distance learning platform (learn.unctad.org);
- Provide inter-divisional support for capacity development;
- Operate the Port Training Programme in 4 linguistics networks in Africa, Asia and Latin America;
- Develop and implement the TrainForTrade technical assistance programme with core components on international trade related issues.