2nd BioTrade Congress
Information kit, print version
Arrival at Geneva Airport
You may pick up a free ticket for public transport from the machine in the baggage collection area at the Arrival level. This ticket allows you to use public transport in Geneva free for a period of 80 minutes. It is available to arriving passengers only.
The Airport is located at nearly 4 km from Geneva city centre. It takes only 6 minutes from/to Geneva city centre by train (every 12 minutes at rush hours). It is easily reachable by train or bus. Only one single ticket is required to travel by train, tram, bus or boat in the area France-Vaud-Geneva.
Tourist information and tickets can be obtained at the Unireso information counter in the Arrivals hall of the Airport, on leaving customs control. Tickets can also be purchased from the machines located at bus stops. Should you wish to change currency, you may find an exchange office at the baggage collection area at the Arrival level.
Public transport from the Airport to Geneva city:
All trains departing from the railway station at the Airport stop at Geneva-Cornavin station.
The following urban bus lines below will take you from the Airport to the city centre. They stop every 8-15 minutes at rush hours at the Airport (bus stops at the Check-in level, in front of or beside the train station).
5 Aéroport - Aréna/Palexpo - Nations - Cornavin - Rive - Malagnou - Thônex-Vallard
10 Aéroport - Balexert - Cornavin - Bel-Air - Rive
23 Aéroport - Blandonnet - Lignon - Aïre - Grand-Lancy - ZIPLO
28 Parfumerie - Vernier - Blandonnet - Aéroport - Fret - Grand-Saconnex - Nations - Jardin-Botanique
57 Aéroport - Blandonnet - Hôtpial de la Tour - Meyrin
F Gex - Cessy - Grand-Saconnex - Nations - Cornavin
Y Ferney - Grand-Saconnex - Aéroport - Blandonnet - CERN - Thoiry
For further information on transportation in Switzerland and Geneva, please visit: http://www.tpg.ch
Accredited Geneva hotels close to the Palais, and free shuttle buses
Hotel Cornavin +41 (0)22 716 1212
Hotel Warwick +41 (0)22 716 8000
Hotel Les Nations +41 (0)22 748 0808
Hotel NH Rex +41 (0)22 544 7474
Regular free shuttle buses outside the "Arrival" level for the following hotels:
- Crowne Plaza Genève every 20 minutes from 06:00 to 00:00, 7/7
- Express by Holiday Inn every 20 minutes from 05:50 to 12:10 and from 12:50 to 23:30, 7/7
- Ibis every 20 minutes from 05:00 to 23:30, 7/7
- Mövenpick Genève every 20 minutes from 05:30 to 23:40, 7/7
- Nash Airport Hotel every 20 minutes from 05:00 to 23:40, 7/7
- NH Geneva Airport Hotel every 20 minutes from 05:50 to 23:30, 7/7
- Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center every 15 minutes from 05:10 to 23:45, 7/7
Free shuttle buses on demand for the following hotels:
- Best Western Chavannes-de-Bogis on reservation +41 22 960 81 81, from 07:00 to 23:00, 7/7
- Phoenix on demand +41 22 710 03 03, from 05:30 to 23:30, 7/7
Taxis in Geneva
Taxis in Geneva can be ordered by phone (+41 (0)22 331 41 33), hailed in the street or found at about 60 authorized taxi ranks in town, airport and main station. Fares between airport and city range from about CHF 30.00 to CHF 35.00 and depend on traffic conditions, time of day and number of passengers.
At the UN building: a taxi stand is also located on Route de Pregny, some 25 metres from the Pregny Gate, direction Place des Nations.
Getting to the UN Building:
From the Airport:
Use bus 28 direction Nations. The name of the stop is Appia.
From Gare Cornavin:
- By tram: From the Cornavin train station, exit through the main door that faces a busy square with a large number of bus/tram lines and stops. The tram lines 13 or 15 will take you directly from the Cornavin station to the UN. The stop name is "Nations", which is right in front of the Palais des Nations building. You will see the entrance of the UN site and the large avenue with flags. You can either: (a) take bus number 8 at Route de Pregny (beside the UN entrance) or, (b) walk along Route de Pregny, up the hill as it bends round to the right. It is a 5 minutes' walk from the "flags" to the entrance at the Security gate of Pregny (located just opposite the International Red Cross building. You will be able to collect your badge in this Security gate.
- By bus: From Cornavin train station, buses 8, 28, F, V and Z stop at "Appia", which is the nearest bus stop to the Security gate where you will collect your badge. Lines 8 and 11 stop at "Nations".
Procedure at the Pregny gate:
On arrival at the Pregny gate pass through security and go to the Security desk to announce yourself and collect a "badge". Given that all these procedures may take time, please plan your arrival accordingly.
The day of the meeting, you will have to present the original of the conference registration form (you may find it in our website) at the United Nations Security Service Pregny Gate entrance (14 Avenue de la Paix) to collect your badge. The Security Service is open from 8 a.m. Because of the security measures in force, participants are strongly advised to arrive before 9 a.m. in order to complete entry procedures in good time and proceed to the meeting in the E Building (Bātiment E) of the Palais.
Participants are requested to carry a passport or similar national identity card with them. Taxis are not allowed to enter the grounds of the Palais des Nations, and visitors will therefore be dropped off at the entrance gates. Furthermore, luggage may not be brought into the buildings unless the Security Service gives special clearance. From there, please go to the building A. Room XII, where the Congress will be held, is accessible through Door 15.